Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mail Order Devastation: Book 4, available NOW!

Mail Order Devastation, Book 4 of the Montana Mail Order Bride series, is live on Amazon!  

(Should be live on Nook and iTunes any time now, with Smashwords to follow in the next day or so.)

Check out the cover, and the description for this story about the latest bride to be welcomed to Helena by Madeline:







One weak moment in her otherwise moral life left Mollie Quinn in a terrible predicament--but she has chosen to face the consequences of her actions, and raise her newborn daughter on her own. But her troubles have only begun.  

When she must endure every mother’s worst nightmare, Mollie is forced to do whatever it takes to find her child again--even if it means moving all the way to Montana to marry a man she’s never met.










This book was really hard to write--for some reason I found it hard to do justice to Mollie's plight.  I wanted to handle it right, because it's an emotional subject to tackle.  I will warn the readers, though, that while this book definitely has a satisfying "happily ever after"--which readers are looking for with any romance--there are a couple of emotional scenes in the book that could conceivably be difficult to read for a woman who has given up a child for adoption, lost a child, or has had difficulty conceiving a child.  For some women, this could be a cathartic reading experience, while for others, it could be uncomfortable.  If you think you might fall in the latter group, I'd recommend either skimming over those parts, or perhaps skipping this book and waiting for Book 5.

It's important for me to be completely honest about my novels' contents, so that my readers always know what to expect, and whether or not a particular book is one that they might enjoy.  Happy readers is what it's all about!  That is why I am very upfront with my word count, and content warnings (not that there's much to warn about, LOL).  Since many of my readers are Christians, I always let readers know that my books are not Christian in nature, even though some characters may hold Christian beliefs (of varying degrees of devoutness).  However, since my characters are imperfect people, they sometimes make mistakes--which makes them more real, in my opinion, and a character that readers can relate to.  

Based on the reviews, it seems that most readers agree with me. Which is awesome, because I have no intention of ever writing fluffy, boring books with predictable plots!  My goal is to write books that are an easy read, but are complex: with "dark and twisty" moments, tender moments, light moments, tense moments, and deliriously happy moments.  

If you enjoy all those things rolled into one full-length novel, then hang on to your hats, and enjoy the ride!  ;-)


Be sure to follow my blog and my Twitter, because I have some really interesting things planned!  I'm about to start up a newsletter for my fans, with special bonuses for those who join, as well as a heads-up for subscribers as to when I'm about to upload a new book, or put a book on sale, etc.  

Also, there will be some special posts in the near future, for those who can't get enough of my 1890s world in Helena, Montana.  If you really enjoy the details and the history in the Montana Mail Order Brides series, you won't want to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam and improve reader experience. If your comment is not spam or inflammatory, it will be posted as soon as it is approved.